There”s only a little matter known as the uncanny valley. It”s a theory of human aesthetics which says that when “an item has human characteristics that appear and transfer nearly but not just like natural human beings, it causes a result of revulsion among some human onlookers.” These mannequins are some of the most creepy examples of the theory. Not that they look nearly exactly like people – some don”t look like people at all – but they’re close enough to merely creep everyone outside.
1. This man wants braces.
2. Imitation legs, ugh. So strange.
3. THOSE EYES!
4. This guy seems like he needs to bash.
5. Small mannequin that is gangster.
6. Giraffe no body and neck? No thank you.
7. IS THE NECK SO LONG?!
8. Ok, this woman is unquestionably haunted.
9. The trio of creepiness.
10. Please put some clothing on these child mannequins.
11. They only got everything wrong on this one.
12. Button eyes? Who believed that was recommended?
13. These two are yucking it up about something…and that I don”t like it.
14. What’s more distressing as opposed to faces is the trend options.
16. Oh goodness, that mouth.
17. What occurred to his arms?
18. What”s creepier than regular mannequins? Mannequins with infant heads.
19. How did this man get injured? HE”S A MANNEQUIN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
20. Without make up, this resembles a creepy clown.
21. “My precious.”
22. “One of us. One of us.”
23. It seems like he’s reaching for us!
24. The most creepy family portrait of mannequins.
25. Why would they make a mannequin with that hairline?
26. I don’t have any caption because of this.
I don”t understand who’s in charge of selecting these mannequins, but… they”re doing it wrong. Thus, so incorrect.